Thursday, December 27, 2012

What are we doing? / Manifesto-Before the Cock Crows

How many individual lives will we be accountable for; by our choices and by our actions?

Mt 18:6 - But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.




Most know that something is "sorely wrong" with the way things are in our world today. There is a "sensing" in us, however long we may intentionally try to escape it. Only by means of denial can we live on, rejecting what we truly know. But I know that's not the right answer. But what is the answer? And are there enough caring, who will also be daring, to step out and choose to find the way to remedy our situation; to inquire whether that even be a possibility unto us? 

As unto them, so unto us, in the words of Jesus at a "monumental moment in the history of mankind" and then the cock would crow: He said, "My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death; tarry ye here, and watch with me ... And he cometh unto the disciples, the third time and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, "What, could ye not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray that ye enter not into temptation; the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." ... Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, "Sleep on now, and take your rest...!" (Matthew 26: 38-46). 

It wasn't just one hour of prayer that Jesus was seeking from the disciples, but rather, one particular hour; a pivotal hour! 

I wonder if anyone hears the call of the Father to pray for this crucial hour in which we find ourselves now to be living in. I sometimes feel like the guy in the scenario who's found driving up a "one way" the wrong way! (Actually a vision the Lord gave me in the spring of 2004, as I stepped into that year of revelation, regarding days ahead). I daily feel such a pulling, a tearing in my heart over these matters, only to be treated by peers as one who needs to "hush" and get on with my life, have a positive attitude and believe in the good. 

I do believe in the good! That's part of the problem - I'm seeing so much less of it, these days. In my looking around, I question whether or not others are experiencing the same inward, aching cry that I am. Then I ask myself if I'm all alone in all of this. Which I sensibly already know the answer to. Looking at things as they are these days and just briskly waving them off, is much the same in my estimation, as walking past a person who's in a perilous situation and saying, "Bless you!," as you continue on your merry way. "Bless you America! Somehow you'll find your way." 

Jesus, prior to pleading for the aid of his disciples in the garden of Gethsemane, had foretold them of a gloomy, yet powerful event approaching; a forever life altering event. This would be an event that would change the course of mankind forever. Here they were, in that very time with Him, and they had failed to capture His words, leaving them no discernment with which to recognize the moment. 

I recall a particular stinging line, in a song written and ministered by one of the greatest Christian songwriters of our day, Keith Green, many years ago: "... no one hurts, no one aches, no one even sheds a tear, but He cries, He weeps, He bleeds and He cares for your needs and you just lay back and keep soakin' it in, ah, can't you see it's such a sin!" We just keep running, in our lives. We continue to ignore things that so demand our attention. 

Have you ever found yourself in a situation, desperately trying to WARN someone of pending danger, only to find them completely deafened to your every word? I think the worst experience I've ever had of that in my life, was when my gorgeous little three year old grandson, took off running away from me down our street. He thought it was funny. He had no concept that cars race down roads and don't see little boys running in front of them! Oh, the indescribable horror I felt that day, as I, Grandma - huffing and puffing - ran down that street after him, praying that those cars that normally came flying around that corner would somehow be held off until I could catch the tiny marathoner. He ran for almost two blocks before I finally stopped chasing him and stood still, at which point he stopped, because it wasn't fun anymore. Grandma wasn't chasing him. Ethan didn't heed my WARNINGS that day. As a matter of fact, the more I warned, the more he ran. I wonder if that isn't exactly what we're doing today: running in the directions that we're running in, just to see if when once we've reached that line, that ONE we've always been told would show up - would actually show Himself? 

We are a peculiar people, ones not always understanding what motivations are truly driving us! I suspect, bottom line, that many are proving the Lord in all of their actions in "this day". I believe that the entire Garden of Gethsemane setting, typifies this moment.  I believe it to be even a "prophecy" for this moment; as was revealed to me in 2004! I believe that I can prove the validity of that declaration with scripture and I that is precisely what I do in the book "Manifesto-Before the Cock Crows".

This, my friends, is no ordinary day and if we don't recognize it...

More Bold Statements
From The Bird's Eye View
Izzy Herriette & Co/Ginger Renken

No comments: