Thursday, December 27, 2012



These "leaves for the healing of nations" ... Is there something like that for "me"?


When there's warring all around me
Fear begins to surround me
They can take my body
But they can't touch my soul
Nothing they do to me
Can harm me anyway
'Cause I live in a Kingdom, where
They can't take your life away
O Israel, O Israel, there is rest for you
Copyright 1980 / Ginger D. Renken


From nations, to men. Or should it be rather, from men to nations?

Nations are "made" by men, correct? Not the reverse. A "nation" is powerful, correct? Far more powerful a force (entity) than a single person?

And yet, the nations "are" and a nation "is." And the nation, does it bear more significant meaning (value) than a mere individual?

I "am" - and as much as a nation is so much greater - I "am." And what do I do with that? If things aren't right for “me?” If my world - to me the size of a nation because it's where I am, it's who I am - I AM.

Doesn't that mean that I HAVE TO BE? I may not know how. I may not know where. I may not know why. But if I'm given this entity – ME - then, am I not responsible to find out how to make it work unto the best GOOD that I can?

Because I AM! And isn't that as large as a NATION? Oh, YES! In my opinion, it's the only "right" answer!

How do I, one small entity, bear the enormity of the "entire"? And yet, if I am one small entity, along with many, many other entities (six billion other entities) - scattered all across the GLOBE - and I might make a difference, cause a chain reaction, perhaps a ripple effect ... if, by finding my own individual "soundness" in the midst of not just enormity but by chance surrounded by anything but normalcy ...

I ... one person ... whom I am responsible for ...

I need a bite off of that leaf ... off of that "tree of life" ... whose "leaves are for the healing ... of ... nations"!

Life can be ... overwhelming ... filled with what feels like ... seems to all logical reasoning ... to be ... insurmountable ... impossible to conquer ... obstacle, circumstance ... IMPOSSIBILITY ...



Where do I run? Where will I go? What will I do? From what source what "well" will I draw strength?

How will I maintain ... decency ... compassion ... a pliable heart ... in the midst of such "enormity of anything but normalcy?”

Psalm 23:4 - Yea ... though I walk through the valley ... of the shadow of death ... I will fear no evil!

Ezekiel 47:1,6-12 - Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar ... And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river. Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other. Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed. And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh. And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from En-ge'-di even unto En-eg'-la-im; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many. But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt. And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary; and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Isaiah 55:1-7 - Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David. Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people. Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the Lord thy God; and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee. Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts, and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Isaiah 40:29-31 - He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have not might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

2 Peter 2:9 - The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly...

2 Corinthians 1:9,10 - But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us.

John 14:3,6 - And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also ... I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.


Izzy Herriette & Co / Ginger D. Renken

No comments: